Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Lizard Is A Lizard Is A Lizard

A lizard will remain a lizard
Even if it grows a gizzard.

Even if it grows some fur,
A lizard's what it always were;

A lizard will be of that ilk
Despite evolving glands for milk;

A lizard with an upright stance--
Could that be different? Not a chance!

A lizard standing on two legs,
Who bears live young instead of eggs,

No matter what, you'll always find
It still belongs to lizardkind.

Hmmm....

At last I think I understand
Some crazy things about this land:

The audience for Bill O'Reilly?
Lizards prob'ly rate him highly.

The changing views of John McCain?
The answer's simple: Lizard Brain.

Paris? Brittney? Cher? Madonna?
Must look hot to some Iguana.

I think I'll stop here, if you wish--
It's time to feed my inner fish.

10 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

What about David Icke's shapeshifting lizard people conspiracy? How did that evolve? Inquiring minds want to know...

Cuttlefish said...

Ahh.... you have seen and understood.

Not so crazy now after all, is it?

Is it?

It is?

Oh.

Nevermind.

byrdie said...

Ahahaha! Very cute.

Rana said...

What of the dreaded dinosaur?
It was a lizard, we once heard.
But something changed the science for
now we think it was a bird :)

Thinker said...

Preacher Pat in Lizards Lounge,
Scale-skinned, fork-tounged super-scrounge:
"Give to God!" It's just an echo:
"Greed is Good!" said Gordon Gecko.

Cubist said...

A note which has nothing to do with the poem: My name is Quentin Long, and I'd like to work with Cuttlefish on getting his verses published (probably via Lulu.com). I've put together a PDF file of my first attempt at page design & etc, and if Cuttlefish can tell me where to send the thing, I'd be happy to let him have a look at it.
My email address is cubist@aol.com.

Hoping to hear from the Cuttlefish at his earliest convenience, I remain, etc.

Blake Stacey said...

Strangely enough, I was also just about to suggest that our host the Cuttlefish assemble a book of verse. I'm sure that PZ Myers would advertise it on Pharyngula!

Cuttlefish said...

...glerb...

I'm thinking...

Noam said...

...mmmm...

and what about the Lizard Queen ?

Metro said...

Wow. So Jim Morrison really could have been the Lizard King ...

Beware! He can do anything!