Friday, May 06, 2011

Not Just A Good Idea...

...It's The Law

It was not my intention, but I like the way it sounds: "the law of the predictable comment". My little verse, referred to as canon. Well, internet canon.

I approve.

In fact, I encourage one and all to police comment threads for similar malcontents, ne'er-do-wells, and trolls, and to slap their wrists with "the law of the predictable comment". You know you've seen them everywhere--now you have a response!

(Ok, in truth, I'm just envious that my pal Kylie has her own well-deserved Wikipedia page, and I probably never will, so I'm aiming for a bullet point in "internet rules", well beneath Godwin and Poe...)

There are dozens of internet laws
Which police our rhetorical flaws
All I want is one more
So I beg and implore
Won't you please lend your weight to my cause?

4 comments:

SUIRAUQA said...

I see a revolution as it foments;
I want to be a part of those moments:
With all my weight of mind
I stand, resolute, behind -
"The Law of Predictable Comments"

entropy said...

My little bit of weight: The linky is broken.

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/discussions/102-343997-3447050

Cuttlefish said...

Thanks, entropy--I fixed yon link.

I think.

entropy said...

Aye, it seems that you have, indeed, a working link now.

Cheers!